STAGE Meetings

 

  • August STAGE Meeting: Thursday, Aug. 24 at 2:45 pm

August STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The August STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Jenna A., Kaylee B., Amanda B., Salvador B., Sara B., Jakob B., Dylan C. Atlantis C., Abby E., Ojas G., Jenna G., Amanda G., Grant H., Maddie H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Makayla J., Colby K., Dalton K., Emma K., Stephanie L., Dalton L., Katarina L., Andrew L., Becca M., Dylan M., Tiana M., Taylor M., Samantha M., Joshua M., Sitaara N., Zachary O., Abby P., Drew S., George S., Jessica S., Lucas S., Preston S., Alyssa S., Jared S., Jamie T., John V., Austin W., and Miranda Y..

Kenady: Introduced us to a brand new school year with our first STAGE Meeting, announcing our theme: “Creating the Positive”.  She also introduced our 2018 Summer New York Trip. If you are interested in visiting New York this summer, please talk to Mr. Cottom about attending the trip! The STAGE’s website, www.tomballstage.org has trip details as well.

Tucker: Introduced the importance of turning in Directory sheets and RDT forms for this current year in order to gain points. He also explained the importance of MoPAP.  This document is highly stressed to be read and understood in the department. There are two papers attached to the MoPAP that MUST be turned into Mr. Cottom, Mr. Willard, or Tucker, to be involved in any Tomball STAGE related activity (rehearsals, crews, etc.). To get these, see Tucker.

Silas: Talked about the importance of video crew for this first show as well as the rest of the year. If you are interested in video crew, sign-ups should be on the callboard, or visit Silas in the office. Silas also talked about this year’s new Passport Stars system, in which we get stars for supporting other school functions and events. Lastly he talked about this year’s new STAGE shirts, which are $10 each. If you would like a STAGE shirt, please see one of the officers before or after school.

Jacob: Talked about Publicity Crew for MCM 1940 and other performances. During the publicity blitz, STAGE members went out into the community to promote our season flyers and sponsorships. If you are interested in being involved in the next Publicity Crew, sign-ups will be on the callboard soon, or you can talk to Jacob.

Haille: Informed the STAGE members about Sponsorships, and how important they are for us to do what we do as a department. If you or someone you know would like to get a sponsorship application (for a business, family member, friend, etc.), please come by the office and pick one up. The sponsorship applications are also available on our website at www.tomballstage.org.

Andrew: Introduced his new position on the officer board as well as the importance of ushering for MCM 1940 as well as other shows. If you would like to sign up for ushering for any show, please talk to Andrew!

Travis: Introduced The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940. The dates for the shows are September 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 25th. To pre-order tickets, go to the STAGE’s website, www.tomballstage.org or purchase the week of the show in the cafeteria.

Kayla: Introduced our 2nd fall show, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Auditions will be September 26th and 27th from 3-5. Callbacks will be on the 28th. The dates for the show are on November 9th, 11th and 13th. To pre-order tickets, go to the STAGE’s website, www.tomballstage.org or purchase the week of the show in the cafeteria.

Kenady: Hosted our department scavenger hunt, where members searched the department for officers, learning where things belong. Then, she introduced “Special Rec.”, where we recognize those who did outstanding work in the department this month / over the summer. These students included Kenzie M., Delaney N., Dalton L., Gracie A., Jaden H., Jenna G., Zachary O., and Jakob B.. Make sure you attend the next STAGE Meeting to get a STAGE Page, and see the special things that are going on in Special Rec.

Thank you to everyone who attended our August Meeting!

We can’t wait to see what the department can do this year.

  • September STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Sep. 12 at 2:45 pm

September STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The September STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Jenna A., Amanda B., Sara B., Jakob B., Kassidy B., Nicole C., Atlantis C., Jackson C., Kayla D. ,Abby E., Ojas G., Amanda G. ,Grant H., Aidan H., Maddie H., Bethany H., Jaden H., Justin H., Elisabeth H., Makayla J., Dalton K., Colby K., Andrew L., Dalton L., Katarina L., Michael M., Joshua M., Samantha M., Alyssa O., Zachary O. ,Danna P., Abby P., George S., Jessica S., Isaac S., Preston S., Alyssa S., Jared S., Alyssa V., Austin W., Gianna W., and Miranda Y.. 

Andrew: Introduced us to the September STAGE Meeting and informed us about the importance of ushering. If you are interested in ushering for MCM 1940, sign up ASAP and/or talk to Andrew. He spoke to us about the importance of crews. If you are interested in being a part of crews, make sure you have your directory sheet and MoPAP on file with Tucker! Crews are updated regularly on the calendar at www.tomballstage.org.

Tucker: Talked to us about points and letter jackets. If you are wishing to receive points and/or letter in the future, you must have a point sheet on file with Tucker. Also, he keeps track of all points in our database, so if you are interested in seeing where you stand, see him.

Travis: Informed us of our second fall show, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”. Auditions for our other fall production, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” will on September 26th and 27th. Hope to see all of you there!

Kayla: Talked to us about our fall show, opening our season with “The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940”. Congratulations to everyone involved in the show! Performance dates will be September 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 25th all at 7:00 pm in the THS Auditorium. We hope to see you all there!

Haille: Talked about STAGE HANDS and all they do for us here in the department. STAGE HANDS is our parent booster club; they help out with anything and everything we need! If you have a parent interested in joining STAGE HANDS, be sure to see when the next HANDS meeting is on www.tomballstage.org.

Silas: Talked about Video Crew for MCM 1940. If you are interested, please sign up on the callboard ASAP, and you have to attend at least one dress rehearsal and show up 30 minutes before the show. Video Crew is a very important position and we appreciate anyone who can help! Also follow us on Instagram and Twitter @tomballSTAGE, and like us on Facebook! And, please be sure to send in any pictures to Silas that you might have from any theatre event for our STAGE scrapbook and for the Banquet Slide-Show at the end of the year. If you have any pictures, please send them to stageofficers@gmail.com or Silas’s personal phone (posted on the callboardJ). PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEND IN PICTURES!

Jacob: Spoke to us about the importance of crews. If you are interested in being a part of crews, make sure you have your directory sheet and MoPAP on file with Tucker! Crews are updated regularly on the calendar at www.tomballstage.org.

Kenady: Expanded on information about “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”.  Audition dates are listed above by Travis’s Name and performance show dates are November 9th, 10th, and 11th @ 7:00 pm (with a matinee performance at 3:00 on the 11th)

Andrew: Introduced us to our activity. Then he began to talk with us about Special Recognition: what we do when someone in the department has gone above and beyond this month! These students were Dalton K., George S., Alyssa S., and Kenzie M. . We also presented our “A+ Award” for this month to a person who truly did more than their share of work and impressed us! Congratulations to Amanda B.!

Thanks to everyone who attended the September STAGE Meeting!!! 

  • October STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 2:45 pm

October STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The October STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Madeline A., Abi B., Kaylee B., Amanda B., Jakob B., Atlantis C., Jackson C., Kayla D., Abby E., Ojas G., Amanda G., Alexa G., Grant H., Katie H., Maddie H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Caitlin I., Dalton K., Stephanie L., Chase L., Dalton L., Katarina L., Andrew L., Becca M., Kenzie M., Michael M., Tiana M., Sitaara N., Alyssa O., Jimena O., Zachary O., Abby P., George S., Isaac S., Jessica S., Preston S., Jared S., John V., Austin W., Andrew W., Gianna W., and Miranda Y..

Jacob: opened the October STAGE meeting and talked about the importance of publicity crew for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. For more information on publicity crew, please contact Jacob!

Tucker: talked about the importance of turning in forms (directory sheets, MoPap, RDT forms, etc). If you need to fill out any of these forms, please get with Tucker as soon as possible.

Haille: talked about the importance of getting help for the department. She also talked about the importance of the Tomball STAGE HANDS.

Silas: talked about the importance of pictures for the end of the year slideshow. If you have any pictures of fun memories in the department, please send them to Silas (his number is on the callboard). Silas also talked about Passport Stamps. Make sure if you attend another school event to take a picture in your STAGE shirt and send it to Silas in order to receive a Passport Stamp!

Travis: talked about our second fall show, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. We thank everyone who auditioned! The dates for the show are November 10th, 11th, and 13th.

Andrew: talked about the importance of tech crews. For more info on the dates and times of tech crews check Google Calendar!

Kayla: talked about the importance of sponsorships and supporting the department. If you would like a sponsorship form, please ask and officer and we would be happy to get you one as soon as possible. You can also visit tomballstage. org for more info and a printable copy of an application as well.

Kenady: Talked about Google Calendar. In order to access our Google Calendar, go to tomballstage.org and click on “Calendar” underneath the Tomball STAGE tab. It has a list of all of the STAGE events, meetings, rehearsals and crews.

Jacob: Led our activity as our group members wrote positive statements on our “Positive pumpkins”, which are to be displayed around the department. Jacob also led our “Spec Rec” where we give special recognition to the members of our department who do an above and beyond job in the department. This month's members include Ojas G., Jackson C., Kayla D., Jenna G., Dalton K., Austin W., Alexa G., and (the recipient of our A+ Award) Dalton L.. Congrats everyone!

Thank you for coming to our October STAGE Meeting!

  • November STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 31 at 2:45 pm

November STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The November STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Abi B., Kaylee B., Amanda B., Jakob B., Jackson C., Abby E., Grace F., Amanda G., Alexa G., Grant H., Maddie H., Bethany H., Aidan H., Corben H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Dalton L., Katarina L., Becca M., Kenzie M., Michael M., Samantha M., Sitarra N., Jimena O., Alyssa O., Abby P., George S., Jessica S., Preston S., Jared S., John V., Alyssa V., Austin W., Gianna W., and Miranda Y..

Travis: Opened the STAGE meeting by talking about our suggestion box. We love to hear your suggestions and encourage you to use our suggestions box 9located next to the officer boards in the hallway). Travis also talked about our upcoming UIL One Act auditions. Auditions will be held on December the 5th and callbacks will be on the 6th. The full read through will be on the 7th. People who are not already enrolled in the 6th period Production class must audition with two monologues (while people in 6th period audition with one monologue). We hope to see you at auditions!

Jacob: talked about our second fall production: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Show dates are November 9th, 11th, and 13th at 7:00 p.m. (with a matinee performance on the 11th at 3:00). You can buy tickets during lunches, at the door, or online at tomballstage.org. Please come support our production!

Haille: discussed the importance of crews. Our last crew was on Saturday the 4th for LWW but we will be having more crews for our upcoming shows so come and help us out! Haille also reminded us about the importance of passport stamps. For more info on passport stamps (how to get them/ how many you have) talk to Silas!

Kenady: talked about Google Calendar. Google calendar gives our department members access to dates and times for crews, shows, auditions, and rehearsals. In order to access our Google Calendar, got to tomballstage.org and click on the Calendar tab. 

Silas: talked about the importance of video crew. For more information on video crews for LWW, talk to Silas. We could really use your support and help! Also, don’t forget to send pictures to Silas for our end of the year slideshow.

Andrew: talked about ushering sign-ups for LWW. He also talked about silent auction. Silent auction will be taking place during LWW and will be a super fun event for families to participate in!

Tucker: Talked about the importance of keeping up with points. Please remember to check and see how many points you have (it’s on the point sheet which is taped up on the wall to the right). If you have any questions about points, please talk to Tucker!

Kayla: Kenady informed us about the upcoming annual Food Drive and Winter Social! Each year, The Tomball STAGE hosts a Food Drive right around Thanksgiving to help out those in need. Please bring canned items to the office before or after school to help out the community. Each item brought will be put towards an officer’s “pie fund”. At the end of the drive, which ever officer has the least cans gets #PIED in the face. So make sure you bring in your cans to the office! Winter Social will be on December 6th, and there will be tons of games and good food to enjoy with your fellow STAGE members. If you have any additional questions about social, visit Ken in the office. 

Travis:  led us in our activity where we used newspaper to create Halloween costumes. He also presented certificates to each recipient of Special Rec(ognition) for the month of November. The students who received these were Alyssa O., Amanda B., George S., Kayla D., Gianna W., Jessaca B., Julian M., and Katarina L.. And for outstanding achievements and truly going above and beyond in the department for this month, we presented the “A+” award. Congratulations to Jared S..

Thank you for attending our November STAGE Meeting! Happy holidays! 

  • December STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 2:45 pm

December STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The December STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Amanda B., Jakob B., Jackon C., Kayla D., Abby E., Jenna G., Amanda G., Grant H., Katie H., Maddie H., Elisabeth H., Dalton K., Dalton L., Katarina L., Andrew L., Kenzie M., Tiana M., Taylor M., Samantha M., Sitaara N., Zachary O., Abby P., George S., Jessica S., Isaac S., Alyssa S., Jared S., John V., Alyssa V., Andrew W., Austin W., Gianna W., and Miranda Y.. 

Haille: talked to us about Winter Social and what will go on there. Winter Social will be on Friday, December 8th at 7:00 pm in the black box. At the Social, there will be many activities to celebrate the holiday season, food, movies, friends, and we’ll get to find out which officer gets #PIED as a result of our Food Drive! Be sure to attend our Winter Social as a chance to meet more friends within the department and wind down before a week of finals. We hope to see you there!

Silas: stressed to us how important it is that he receives photos of what has happened in the department so far throughout the year. He told us that he was excited for Winter Social because there would be so many more picture perfect moments that he can add to slideshow! Be sure to visit Silas in the office to send him your theatre-related pictures, or e-mail them to stageofficers@gmail.com!

Kayla: told us about The Tomball STAGE’s Annual Food Drive! If you would like to help out families in need this holiday season, please bring your canned or non-perishable food items to the office. Each can that you admit to our drive betters your chances to #PieTheOfficers. If you have any questions about the drive, please visit the officers!

Travis: told us how excited he is about the annual UIL One-Act Play auditions! Auditions were held on the day of the STAGE meeting (December 5th). Thank you SO much to those who auditioned; we had an amazing turnout! Please keep an eye out on the Callboard for upcoming announcements such as callbacks for the UIL OAP and the cast list. Thank you all and break a leg!

Tucker: told the meeting attendees about the Talent Show and details about it. Last year, the Talent Show was amazing, but we hope to have an even bigger turnout of talented students ready to perform for the school this year! The Talent Show will be in the THS Auditorium at 7 pm on February 1st and February 2nd.  We can’t wait to see what you guys bring to the table!

Kenady: let us know how important the Google Calendar is to keep up with the happenings of the department. If at any time you have any questions about the events and their dates within the department, visit www.tomballstage.org, go under the Tomball STAGE tab, and click on Calendar. Log in with your school Google account (e-mail: id#@sec.tomballschools.net and password: tisdmmddyyyy). Within the Google Calendar, you will find out everything you need to know for the whole school year and the 2016-17 Tomball STAGE season!

Andrew: talked about the 2018-2019 summer trip to Greece and Italy. For more information about next year’s summer trip or this year’s summer trip to New York, visit The Tomball STAGE website at www.tomballstage.org.

Jacob: talked about the importance of sponsorships. If you’d still like to get us some sponsorship, please talk to one of the officers for a sponsorship form or go to The Tomball STAGE website at www.tomballstage.org and print out the form that’s online! We could really use the support!

Haille: closed out the STAGE Meeting by introducing our December activity. Our activity of the month was to wrap the officers! Teams of different students all grouped up to wrap each officer in gift wrapping paper in whatever way they wanted. After the activity, Haille presented to the recipients for this month their certificates for Spec(ial) Rec(ognition). These awards are presented to the students who the directors and officers thought really went above and beyond to help out in the department that month. The students who received these were Lisa A., Jackson C., Jessica D., Connor J., Andrew L., and Samantha M.. And for outstanding achievements and truly going above and beyond in the department for this month, we presented the “A+” award to Elizabeth H.!

Thank you everyone for an amazing close to 2017! We’ll see you at the January STAGE Meeting next month (& year!)

 

  • January STAGE Meeting: Monday, Jan. 22 at 2:45 pm

January STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The January STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Amanda B., Jakob B., Nicole C., Atlantis C., Abby E., Jenna G., Grant H., Maddie H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Dalton L., Andrew L., Tiana M., Jimena O., Zachary O., George S., Jessica S., Isaac S., Jared S., John V., Alyssa V., Gianna W., and Miranda Y..

Kayla: introduced our first STAGE Meeting of the year by informing everyone about points and Passport Stamps! If you’re interested in running for office for the 2018-2019 school year, you will need at least 10 total thespian points and 10 Passport Stamps. To vote for office, each voter must possess at least 5 thespian points and 5 Passport Stamps. In order to get Passport Stamps, you must go and support other organizations around the school such as sports events/ competitions, fine arts performances, and even other schools theatre productions! Just snap a photo at the event wearing your STAGE shirt and send it to Silas to receive credit. If you’re interested in signing up for any opportunity to receive points or Passport steps, sign-ups are always on the Callboard, check the Community Callboard for outside events, or you can visit an officer in the office about point/Passport Stamp opportunities!

Haille: talked to us about our upcoming THS Talent Show! The Talent Show will be performed on February 1st and 2nd, beginning at 7 pm. Be sure to get tickets at www.tomballstage.org if you would like to see some awesome talents!

Andrew: talked to us about ushering! For each show, the department always needs ushers! If you or someone you know is interested in ushering for the Talent Show on February 1st and 2nd, keep an eye out on the Callboard for Usher sign-ups or visit Andrew  in the office and she’d be happy to help you out! Don’t forget: you will receive both business points AND a Passport Stamp for participating in the show! So sign up to usher!

Silas: SILAS NEEDS PICTURES. If you or any of your friends have taken photos of any type of departmental gathering from the 2017-2018 school year PLEASE send them in to stageofficers@gmail.com, tweet it @TomballSTAGE, or visit him in the office and let him know you’d like to send in pics! For the Talent Show, Video Crew is a must! If you like working with video cameras and are interested in being involved in Video Crew for 2018 “Tomball’s Got Talent”, keep an eye out on the Callboard for sign-ups or see Silas in the office and have him inform you!

Kenady: talked to us about what goes on for The Tomball STAGE’s 21st Annual Dinner Theatre and this year’s UIL One-Act Play. Be sure to keep sending your love and support to the cast of this year’s UIL OAP and wish them to break a leg and have a good show on contest days! This year at Dinner Theatre we will be performing “Wit”! Our company is very excited to experience our 21st Annual Dinner Theatre. Please go online to www.tomballstage.org to purchase tickets for the show on April 5th. If you are interested in dining in with us, arrive promptly at 5:30, and if you are just looking to see a wonderful show, please arrive at 7 pm. We hope to see you there!

Tucker: talked about Passport Stamps! As a department, one of our goals this year was to go and support other members of the school! In order to truly “Create the Positivity”, we need to get out there and show our support! Please be sure to go out to different school events and wear your STAGE shirt! Send the pictures you take to Silas in order to receive your Passport Stamp. For more info about Passport Stamps, ask an officer!

Travis: let us know how excited he is for NOS! NOS is The Tomball STAGE’s “A Night of Scenes”, which are student directed, written, and performed scenes that take place in the THS Black Box. If you or someone you know is interested in being a NOS director this year, please talk to Mr. Willard. ASAP! Keep an eye out on the Callboard, as well.

Jacob: talked to us about Publicity Crew. Publicity Crew sign-ups are frequently put up on the Callboard and the crew is a great way to earn thespian points. We will be trying to publicize the upcoming Talent Show! If you’re interested in helping publicize The Tomball STAGE at Publicity Crews, please talk to Jacob!

Kayla: then introduced our January STAGE Meeting activity, Baby New Year! A baby picture of each officer was hung up in the theatre hallway. Covering these photos were numbers. Each attendee of the meeting did their best to guess which baby was who. In the end, tons of students guessed correctly. Good job guys! To close out the meeting, Kayla presented to the recipients for this month their certificates for Special Rec(ognition). These awards are presented to the students who the directors and officers thought really went above and beyond to help out in the department that month. The students who received these were Jessaca B., Kenzie M., Jared S., John V., and Miranda Y.. And for outstanding achievements and truly going above and beyond in the department for this month, we presented the “A+” award. Congratulations Gianna W.!

Thank you all for an amazing start to 2018! We hope to see you next month!

  • February STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 2:45 pm

February STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The February STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Gracie A., Tanner A., Abi B., Kaylee B., Amanda B., Jakob B., Jessaca B., Atlantis C., Jackson C., Abby E., Jenna G., Maddie H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Dalton K., Dalton L., Kenzie M., Michael M., Dylan M., Tiana M., Samantha M., Sitaara N., Jimena O., George S., Jessica S., Isaac S., Jared S., Savannah S., Alyssa V., Gianna W., and Miranda Y..

Silas: introduced us to our February STAGE meeting by letting everyone know that he needs departmental photos! If you or anyone you know has photos / videos from anything theatre-related this school year, please see Silas in the office, e-mail the pictures to stageofficers@gmail.com, or text them to him directly. We need photos to have an amazing slideshow at Banquet!

Haille: let the department know the importance of UIL Hosting. This year’s first UIL OAP contest, Zone, will be held at THS on Thursday, March 7th from  11:45 pm – 10:00 pm. Each school visiting our campus to participate in the contest will be catered to by a host from The Tomball STAGE. Each host will have to exhibit exemplary and friendly leadership skills when helping out the schools during this day. If you or someone you know is interested in hosting for the UIL One-Act Play, please see any officer in the office or sign up on the callboard ASAP! Remember, you can get a Passport Stamp for helping us host!!!

Kenady: talked to us about our annual production of A Night of Scenes! NOS auditions were on February 6th after the STAGE Meeting, but if you are interested in seeing the show or ushering for it, performances will be on May 10th, 11th, and 14th! If you’d like more information on times or ushering, please look at the Google Calendar on tomballstage.org and see Andrew in the office!

Jacob: talked to the department about how important it is that we support other departments and “Create the Positive” in other organizations. Remember, you can do this by getting Passport Stamps and supporting other organizations. Also, The Tomball STAGE is hosting a Yankee Candle fundraiser for anyone involved in the department. If you’d like to contribute to helping raise money for the department, please see Mr. Cottom or Mr. Willard to get a fundraiser packet!

Travis: talked to us about this year’s Tomball STAGE’s UIL One-Act Play. The company of W;t has been hard at work during the rehearsal process, and we would love to have your support!. The Zone contest is coming up soon. Wish everyone a good show and to break a leg! W;t will also be performed for Tomball High School on April 5th at The Tomball STAGE’s 21st Annual Dinner Theatre.

Kayla: talked to us about Senior Pictures! Silas needs photos for our end of the year banquet from all of our departing seniors! Please send in a cute baby photo, an awkward “middle” photo, and your final senior photos! Please send these to Silas in the office, e-mail the pictures to stageofficers@gmail.com, or text them to him directly ( his phone number is on the call board).

Andrew: talked to us about this year’s Banquet! We are so excited to end the year in a fun and uniting way with everyone! We are currently developing everything going into the details but we would love to see everyone there. This year’s banquet will be on Friday, May 25th at 5:30-10pm in the Lower Lobby. We hope to see you there!

Tucker: let the department know all of the details surrounding The Tomball STAGE’s 21st Annual Dinner Theatre. The date of Dinner Theatre will be on April 5th. The performances begin at 7:00 and dinner will be served from 5:30-6:30 in the THS lower lobby. If you are interested in purchasing tickets – whether it be show only or dinner and a show – please keep any eye out around the department for prices, or see www.tomballstage.org to purchase tickets.

Silas: Onto our monthly activity, (to get into the February spirit of spreading love) we each taped a piece of construction paper on our backs, and traveled from person to person, writing encouraging notes on one another’s paper. We love to see members of the department encouraging each other! After our activity, Silas began presenting Special Rec(ognition) certificates. These awards are presented to the students who the directors and officers thought really went above and beyond to help out in the department that month. The students who received these were Jackson C., Kenzie M., John V., Andrew W., and Miranda Y.. And for outstanding achievement in the theatre department, we presented the “A+” award. Congratulations to George S.!

 

  • March STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 2:45 pm

March STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The March STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Amanda B., Jakob B., Atlantis C., Jackson C., Abby E., Amanda G., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Dalton L., Kenzie M., Sitaara N., Zachary O., George S., Jessica S. Alyssa S., Jared S., Andrew W., Gianna W, and Miranda Y.. ​

Tucker: Introduced the March STAGE meeting and welcomed each member to our meeting! We were so thankful to all who attended!

Travis: talked about points and Passport stamps. There are tons of Passport Stamp opportunities on the Community Callboard, so go check it out! (Remember to send pics of you in your STAGE shirt to Silas in order to receive your Passport Stamp. His number is on the Callboard!)

Kayla: talked to us about our annual production of A Night of Scenes! NOS auditions were on February 6th after the STAGE Meeting, but if you are interested in seeing the show or ushering for it, performances will be on May 10th, 11th, and 14th! If you’d like more information on times or ushering, please look at the Google Calendar on tomballstage.org and see Andrew in the office!

Haille: informed us about next year’s officer elections! Remember, you need 10 thespian points and 10 Passport Stamps to run for next year’s officer board and 5 of each to vote! So go out and support!

Silas: talked to us about pictures! Silas still needs photos for our end of the year banquet from all of our departing seniors! Please send in a cute baby photo, an awkward “middle” photo, and your final senior photos! Or if any of you have photos taken during a theatre event, please send these to Silas in the office, e-mail the pictures to stageofficers@gmail.com, or text them to him directly (his phone number is on the call board).

Andrew: let the department know the importance of UIL Hosting. This year’s first UIL OAP contest, Zone, will be held at THS on Thursday, March 7th from 11:45 pm – 10:00 pm. Each school visiting our campus to participate in the contest will be catered to by a host from The Tomball STAGE. Each host will have to exhibit exemplary and friendly leadership skills when helping out the schools during this day. If you or someone you know is interested in hosting for the UIL One-Act Play, please see any officer in the office or sign up on the callboard ASAP! Remember, you can get a Passport Stamp for helping us host!!!

Jacob: talked to us about this year’s Banquet! We are so excited to end the year in a fun and uniting way with everyone! We are currently developing everything going into the details but we would love to see everyone there. This year’s banquet will be on Friday, May 25th at 5:30-10pm in the Lower Lobby. We hope to see you there!

Tucker: led the group in our monthly activity. This month’s activity was a giant “rock, paper, scissors” match that ended in a one winner. ! After our activity, Silas began presenting Special Rec(ognition) certificates. These awards are presented to the students who the directors and officers thought really went above and beyond to help out in the department that month. The students who received these were Amanda Baronaske, Jessaca Bristol, Jakob B., Kayla D., Abby E., Jenna G., Alexa G., Elizabeth H., Dalton L., and  Jessica S.. And for outstanding achievement in the theatre department, we presented the “A+” award. Congratulations to Jackson C.!

Thank You to Everyone who attended! See you next month!

  • April STAGE Meeting: Tuesday, Apr. 3 at 2:45 pm

April STAGE Meeting Minutes:

The April STAGE Meeting began at 2:45 pm. The students in attendance were: Jakob B., Atlantis C., Jackson C., Abby E., Amanda G., Maddie H., Jaden H., Elisabeth H., Colby K., Dalton K., Dalton L., Andrew L., Becca M., Kenzie M., Katherine M., Joshua M., Sitaara N., Jimena O., Zachary O., George S., Jessica S., Jared S., Alyssa V., Andrew W., and Miranda Y..

Kenady: Introduced the April STAGE meeting and welcomed each member to our meeting! We were so thankful to all who attended! Kenady also gave us an update on our past UIL competitions.

Kayla: talked to us about this year’s Banquet. In honor of Creating the Positive, we are excited to incorporate this theme into Banquet to close the year. Banquet will be on May 25th. Intent to attend was posted on the Callboard by Mr. Cottom’s room, or you can contact an officer if you’d like us to know you’re looking forward to Banquet!

Tucker: talked about points and Passport stamps. There are tons of Passport Stamp opportunities on the Community Callboard, so go check it out! (Remember to send pics of you in your STAGE shirt to Silas in order to receive your Passport Stamp. His number is on the Callboard!)

Haille: informed us about next year’s officer elections! Upcoming officer training and running is coming up fast! Remember, you need 10 thespian points and 10 Passport Stamps to run for next year’s officer board and 5 of each to vote! So go out and support!

Jacob: talked to us about the annual Fine Arts Festival. The Fine Arts Festival will be Saturday, April 28th, at Tomball High School in The Commons. If you are interested in working the Fine Arts Festival, there will be a sign-up/intent on the Callboard soon… keep an eye out for it! If you are interested in working the Festival, be sure to clear your calendar on April 28th from around 9 am to around 4 pm. 

Silas: talked to the department about Banquet in regards to slideshow! Silas still needs photos from around the department in order to make a great slideshow for Banquet! If you or someone you know has departmental photos from this year, please send them to stageofficers@gmail.com or send them to Silas’s personal number (on the callboard if needed)! Silas also talked to us about Video Crew for NOS and Dinner Theatre. If you are interested in being a part of Video Crew for either of these performances, please talk to Silas and/or keep an eye out for sign-ups on the Callboard.

Andrew: talked to us about Dinner Theatre! The Tomball STAGE will have their 21st Annual Dinner Theatre on this Thursday, April 5th. This performance will feature the only and last performance of our UIL Competition show Wit by Margaret Edson. Please visit www.tomballstage.org for information on acquiring tickets for this upcoming event BEFORE Wednesday, April 4th if you intend on purchasing dinner, which will begin at 5:00pm. If not, then just come for the show (@7:00pm).

Travis: talked to us about our annual production of A Night of Scenes! NOS auditions were on February 6th after the STAGE Meeting, but if you are interested in seeing the show or ushering for it, performances will be on May 10th, 11th, and 14th! If you’d like more information on times or ushering, please look at the Google Calendar on tomballstage.org and see Andrew in the office!

Kenady: led us into this month’s activity which consisted in a Q&A for the officer board! We answered member’s questions about the department as well as the officer board duties. We hope to have inspired some new canidates! After our activity, Silas began presenting Special Rec(ognition) certificates. These awards are presented to the students who the directors and officers thought really went above and beyond to help out in the department that month. The students who received these were Amanda B., Jakob B., Kayla D., Jenna G., Andrew L., Emma S., George S., Alyssa V., and Andrew W.. And for outstanding achievement in the theatre department, we presented the “A+” award. Congratulations to Maddie Harris!

Thank you to everyone who attended! We will see you next month!

  • May STAGE Meeting / 2018-19 Officer Elections: Tuesday, May 1 at 2:45 pm

 

 

2016 - 2017 STAGE Minutes